Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, it is time to start getting ready for Christmas. It is tempting to put it off, as you want to recover from Thanksgiving.However, in a blink Christmas will be just a few days away and you can easily find yourself stressed out trying to get everything finalized. For the smoothest possible transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas, the key is to start planning early. Here are a few things you can start planning now.
1. Finalize travel arrangements. Whether you and the family plan to travel to extended family or if they are coming to you, it is wise to finalize plans early. Flights will surely go up in price the closer you wait to the holiday and hotels will fill up quickly as well.
2. Make a budget and shopping list. It is easy to overspend on presents if you go into the store and start picking up items blindly. The best way to avoid that is to make a list for whom you are buying for and what you are buying. It is also important to set a budget of how much you want to spend and stick to it.
3. Pull out decorations. It is time to make the trip up to the attic or in the deep corners of the garage and pull out the decorations. Do it now as a fun family activity to get everyone in the holiday spirit. You also don’t want to wait to the last minute and go through the work of decorating for it only to be up for a few days.
4. Declutter. Deals will be going one from now until the end of the year. Some are great at only getting what they need, but there are others who cannot pass up the floral arrangement even though there are already four at home collecting dust. Take the time to donate what you no longer use. It will clear up space and help to keep you from having to stress about getting it done before company arrives.
5. Prepare for overnight guests. The last thing you want is for guests to show up and you don’t have enough blankets or pillows. When it’s time to eat, you don’t want to be scrambling for enough cups or silverware. Check on these things early so you can prepare accordingly.
We hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and want for your Christmas to be just as enjoyable.We are here to providing you with helpful tips as well as numerous supplies you need for decorating and wrapping gifts. Check us out on Amazon and Etsy today.